How To Read The Bible
The Bible is its own best teacher! It’s not arranged like an encyclopedia. You can’t go to chapter 1 and read all about God, then go to chapter 2, to read all about Jesus, etc.
The verses and chapter breaks are placed in scriptures by man, so read by paragraph. These too are man-made, but they conform better to the original language. BEFORE YOU START Forget all you’ve ever heard about Jesus, God, and the Bible. Don’t be influenced by what you “want” it to say. Pray first before opening God’s Word. Ask for guidance to be able to accept what is written and apply it to your life. JUST DO IT Begin in the New Testament. It’s too easy to get bogged down in the Old Testament. Don’t try to prove your belief in what you are reading. Human nature will want to take ideas out of context. If it doesn’t make sense, reread it. If it’s still unclear, write it down and come back to it later. Take one scripture at a time and ask God to help you understand what it means for you today. As you do, your hunger for the Word will grow more and more!
READ THE BIBLE
1. Read “Mark.”(It goes chronologically)
2. Read “Matthew.” (It has detailed events, & adds more about Jesus.)
3. Read “John.” (It contains a lot of the life of Jesus, especially his last two weeks before the crucifixion.)
4. Read “Luke” then “Acts.” (Both written by Apostle Paul’s traveling companion Luke. Acts is a continuation of Luke. It describes the early church.)
5. Read “Galatians.” (Explains why we’re not bound by the laws of the Old Testament.)
6. Then read the rest of the New Testament, starting at Romans and going to Revelation.
Your voyage through God’s Word will be the best journey you take!
You will laugh and you will cry. It has everything that makes a very good book, and lots more. The Bible will teach you the most important things for this life and the one to come. It is what you live by!